Originally published by Pretty & Fun in November 2016.
We’ve all been stuck in a fitness rut where routines get boring or other priorities take over our usual gym time. And if you hate the gym as much as I do, it can become all too easy to fall into the trap of either hardly working out at all or splurging on boutique group fitness classes. That’s where ClassPass comes in to solve all your workout woes.
Classpass gives you the freedom to explore all the gyms and group classes you like for a flat monthly rate that’s much lower than many gym memberships.You can bounce from class-to-class or stick to your favorite workouts in your neighborhood. Best of all, your workouts won’t be boring, your wallet won’t be empty, and your hectic schedule will finally include some much-needed you-time.
1. It doesn’t have to be a gym: Skip the monotony of the treadmill and try out yoga, barre, cycling, crossfit, or just about anything else that piques your interest instead. With a ClassPass, you can get moving at over 8,000 studios. You can use the pass up to two times per studio, or try five different locations to find your new favorite workout.
2. It’s less costly than many boutique fitness classes: Memberships to specialty gyms can get expensive, but a ClassPass membership gets you into plenty of your favorite places for much less. With the Base option, you can take five classes for only $11 each, while the Core option with more classes is even less per class. Plus, there are always promotions on the program’s social media pages, so be sure to look for first-time deals.
3. It holds you accountable: With a busy schedule, it’s easy to get overwhelmed in the middle of the day and decide to skip working out that night for a little extra me-time. But with ClassPass, you’ll be motivated to stick to your scheduled classes to avoid a $15 cancellation fee.
4. It’s tailored to your abilities and interests: The ClassPass app helps you make a fitness schedule that works with your schedule, limits, and interests. Whether you’re looking for a blast of cardio, an hour of full-body toning, or the trendiest new studio in your city, look no further than your personalized recommendations. You can also use the app to categorize your favorite studios and upcoming class schedule.
5. It’s low-commitment: If you don’t love your first month, you can cancel the upcoming month without penalty. Just be aware that the pass renews automatically, so be sure to check the app to ensure you end your subscription before the next cycle begins.
Have you tried Classpass yet? What are some of your favorite ways to work out?